Thursday, October 18, 2012

Links Shminks #10

Quantum mechanics may violate causality. This was a science item on The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe podcast and it kinda blew my mind. It's basically says that, on a quantum level, we shouldn't assume that something's effect can't be it's own cause. I'm doubt I'll bring this up during my next "First Cause" argument, (mostly because I don't have to in order to dismantle their argument) but since the Big Bang puts the universe as a quantum singularity at some point...it is interesting.

My favorite Dilbert in a while points out that having informed opinions is more work than it's worth.

Stop me if you've heard this before, but the folks identifying as religion-less are on the rise. PEW says so. Hence, this blog's tagline.

Jesus saves.

A look at a letter Einstein wrote about God and religion.

Atheists and theists get along much better off-line.

Hausdorff brought to my attention a bit in Thessalonians where God tricked people in order to condemn them.
Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. ~Thessalonians II 2:11-12
I thought it worth mentioning since I just had a debate with a theist about God deceiving.  My position is that if a magic intelligence or any supernatural being is pulling the strings of life and reality, how can we be sure of anything? He said that God could not deceive us because God cannot sin and is perfect. Yeah...the Lord sounds more like Loki here. I have so many questions about this biblical passage, but onward to the next link!

Seven theories on the origin of life that don't include talking snakes.

Feeling disillusioned with the atheist movement? You're not alone.

This is my hometown Representative...who isn't epresentative of me. (I can attest that Oconee County is baaackwoods. (via Republic of Gilead)

No comments:

Post a Comment