Thursday, April 12, 2012

This, That, And The Shmother.

I’m liking this atheist blogging thing. Whenever a religious debate takes a turn to the typical arguments, which happens quite often, I can simply direct my opponent to a rebuttal post. I’ve already linked to my First Cause article a couple times. It’s like syndicated debating.

Anywho, I’m on Twitter now. Actually, I’ve been on Twitter as @Grundy since 2007, but that is a general purpose profile. @DeityShmeity will be for friendly religion conversation, debate, and, yes, plugging this very site. Feel free to follow one, both, or neither.

I’ve noticed modern apologetics sites have been stealing sciencey words and projecting religious terms onto the nonbelievers. They claim creationism is reasonable, Christianity breeds critical thinking and atheism is a faith. It doesn’t take a psych degree to know what that means. Somewhere in their “immortal” souls, they know that they are wrong. Why else assign words like faith and religion to the opposition if they didn’t know the connection to those words is a weakness?

Some of my commenters are using commenting platforms like Disqus and Intense Debate. If you think that is something worth implementing here, let me know.

And finally, a last supper for old school gamers. Enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. The word "faith" is a huge weakness. It means to believe in something without evidence. I have no idea why they continue to use that word...oh yeah now I remember, it is central to everything they believe. Do you think they see the irony?

    I use Intense Debate on my site and love it. It is easy for me to use from an admin side. I also like that it allows people to like/dislike comments. I would recommend it if you are looking for something different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's even that damn song "Gotta Have Faith, Faith, Faith!" (now I have it stuck in my head.)

      Delete