Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Atheist's Get Out of Halloween Free Card

Halloween parties can be a lot of fun, but they aren't all created equal. If you have a lame masquerade on your horizon, may I offer an easy out.


Say that you are going as God. It's the costume trump card that will save you a hassle and, by all rights, should win the costume contest.* How can anyone beat the Almighty? If anyone questions your legitimacy, just remind them that no one can prove that you weren't there. Not being seen or heard is simply staying in character.

*Seriously though, don't count on winning that contest.

6 comments:

  1. This has been my go-to excuse for not attending themed parties for the last year. Works gloriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I think I will use it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd try that out tonight, but I'm afraid that won't work this time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gloriously is a good way to put it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or how about attending a costume party dressed as a religious leader. If that raises anyone's hackles, you can say that God couldn't make it and he asked you to fill in for him, which is what religious leaders claim to do anyway.

    ReplyDelete