Friday, November 2, 2012

The Christian Dictionary

I had an idea a while back to highlight theists' tendency to redefine words in order to serve their arguments. I was going to call it the Christian Dictionary, togue firmly in cheek. As with most of my great ideas, it's been done.

Andy over at Garbage In, Gospel Out has been cataloguing Christian linguistics since March '12. I didn't want to step on his toes, so instead I...lent him a shoe? Anyway, I submitted and/or collaborated on a couple definitions. Here's one:

morality
  1. objectively right behavior.
  2. doing as God says, not as He does.
  3. heterosexuality.
I also helped define The Big Bang Theory.

I may do more in the future if he'll have me. For now, here's his full list of terms.

3 comments:

  1. Good stuff. This is a great idea. I do like the TV show, so I suppose that means I am a nerd then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny stuff.

    And nothing wrong with you guys running similar theme posts now and then, especially if you link to his blog whenever you do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I can see that you undoubtedly get the sense of what you are writing about over here. Do you have a degree or an education that is somehow related with the theme of your entry? Can't wait to see your answer.

    ReplyDelete