Don’t get me wrong, if I was raising my kids in a cultural vacuum, I’d never introduce Allah, Vishnu or the Force into their education. Fortunately, the U.S.A. is not a vacuum. It’s rich, diverse culture includes not one, but all possible deities. I can’t pretend this doesn’t exist. Therein lies the problem.
I have two choices.
- Indoctrinate my children in a new tradition of atheism.
- Allow my children to reach their own conclusion regarding the existence of gods.
- How does Santa travel to every house in one night?
- How did God part the Red Sea?
- Why don’t we see miracles like in the Bible anymore?
- How does Santa get back up the chimney?
- Why are there different Santas at different malls?
- Why are there different gods at different churches?